This is a copy of the newsletter from The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur for August 2013.
JFKL is looking for a new staff who can work with us from next month.
Assistant Public Relations Officer
The position is to assist broader range of public relation tasks. It includes coordination, execution and development of Public Relations for all the programs in Cultural Affairs Department and issue relating to the corporate public relation of JFKL. Although the task will be under supervise and direction of the senior officers who produces the programs/events, it is much encouraged to take active part in charge as well as to develop new ideas and to contribute to more effective work.
from mid-August (negotiable)
1. Salary - RM 2000 to 3000 depending on experience.
2. Holidays: Saturday and Sunday, and other holidays determined by JFKL.
3. Leave: Annual Leave 14 days, Medical Leave 14 days per a year for the first year.
4. Entitlements include personal/accident insurance, transportation allowance, EPF and SOCSO.
5. Overtime work and working on holiday may be required and will be fully paid according to Malaysian Employment Act.
6. Duration of Contract: 3 years with possibility of renewal (including 3 month of Probation Period).
Eligibility / Requirements:
1. Possess a Diploma or Degree
2. Age: From new graduates to around 35 (negotiable).
3. Language: Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English. (Japanese Language is not necessary but would be an advantage)
4. Basic computer skills are indispensable (i.e. Microsoft office, internet use, Email manners)
5. Those who can complete whole term of first round of the contract (3 years) are much preferred.
6. Having related experience especially in the areas below will be given preference.
[Public Relations, Service Industry, Performing Arts / Fine Arts / Film Industry, Cultural Agency and International Agency]
7. Good communication and task management skills
Application / Closing Date:
After reading the application detail carefully, please send the CV and answers to the question to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Job Application” by 5th August 2013.
(1) Full CV (with recent photo, age, full academic and work history, expected salary)
(2) What is your related experience with Arts/Culture/Japan? (within 200 words).
(3) Why do you want to work with JFKL? (within 200 words).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for Interview by 6th August 2013 .
Interview for the shortlisted candidates will be on 15th & 16th August 2013 (or otherwise arranged).
For application form and more information, please visit:
Cultural Affairs Department
The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid-Valley City, No. 1 Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: 03-2284 7228
FAX: 03-2287 5869