MAJOR COMPONENTS OF THE SATELLITE TO HIT EARTH
- 27kg High Gain Antenna assembly impacting at 159km/h
- 25kg forward bulkhead fitting impacting at 285km/h
- 61kg Solar Stellar Pointing Platform gimbal impacting at 209km/h
- 158kg Solar Stellar Pointing Platform structure impacting at 209km/h
- 5kg fuel tanks impacting at 95km/h
- 50kg batteries impacting at 235km/h
- 1.8kg wheel rims impacting at 386km/h
- 3.2kg housing impacting at 281km/h
- 1kg bracket impacting at 64km/h
- 5kg base plate impacting at 130km/h
- 500g extension impacting at 76km/h
*Malaysia is among the countries within its impact zone.
Sources: The Aerospace Corporation and The Washington Post
Read more, HERE!